Home staging is the interior design process of de-personalizing a home and making it appeal to a wider range of potential buyers. It also requires decorating it in a simple and pleasing way that gives buyers an idea of how furniture will look in each room. It is similar to interior design in that you must place items in an uncluttered and easy-to-understand way. Performing it properly in a bedroom is particularly important for increasing your sale price.
Why Staging Is So Important In A Bedroom
Bedrooms are among the most personal and lived-in rooms in a home. Most people don't realize how much they change their bedroom in a home, such as painting the walls and adding multiple personal items, like art that appeals to your taste. While these changes make the bedroom more appealing to you, they may be too specific and personal to appeal to a large number of people.
As a result, it is important to stage your bedroom when trying to sell it. The nice thing about staging your bedroom is that it will force you to clean it up and make it less cluttered. If you're still living in your home while trying to sell it, this will make your bedroom a more comfortable place to sleep.
Guide To Staging A Bedroom
When it comes time to stage your master bedroom and the other bedrooms in your home, follow this home staging guideline to make them look as nice as possible:
- Remove any personal items that are unique or which may be off-putting, such as family photos or unique decorative items
- Paint the room a beige or light blue color to make it more broadly appealing: this also makes it appear lighter and more open
- Store all of the furniture except for a bed, a bedside table, dresser, and a full-size mirror to make the room appear larger and more open
- Clean the room of all clutter, sweep and mop the floors, wash the walls, clean the windows, and make everything look as clean as possible
- Change the blinds to match the color and style of the bedroom, opting for simpler and less decorative blinds when possible
- Place a painting over the bed that attracts the eye: something like a piece of natural art should be good-faith
As you can see, it is not only important to stage a bedroom, but relatively easy. Follow this process and you'll find your home will sell more quickly than you had anticipated. This will make it easier for you to move on to a new home.Share